Today, I reach the halfway mark for NaBloPoMo! I would like to congratulate all others who have made it this far. I would have never thought that I had the ability to post 15 different posts in 15 days. So far, I have been pretty persistent in posting every day. The challenge is more difficult than I had thought, and I constantly find myself barely squeezing out a well-written blog post. I thought I would share how it’s been going so far and what I have learned from it.
1. It is pretty darn hard to think up new topics every day.
2. I find myself relying too much on daily prompts/weekly challenges.
3. My writing style on this blog has changed from very professional and uptight into a more lax and communicative type of style.
4. My inspiration comes from my life’s experiences. I find myself posting things that have occurred recently in my life or that I have observed on the streets.
5. For me, blogging time has began to replace Facebook time and time spent on other social media sites.
6. I am becoming more observant and aware of others.
7. I have learned to think outside the box when writing posts.
8. Good blog posts take a large amount of time.
9. I am exploring different topics that I have not put much thought into before.
10. I get to read more of everyone else’s posts since they are more frequent!
Since I’m relatively new to the concept of blogging, NaBloPoMo is a great way to kickstart my blogging interest. I’m halfway there! But the real question is: Will I be able to make it ALL the way? I guess we’ll just have to find out and see!
Yes, I realize that this post is “published” on Nov. 16, but for the record, the time zones are different, and it is still Nov. 15 where I live.
- Halfway Through NaBloPoMo: What I’ve learned so far (yakkafit.wordpress.com)
- When You Try To Do NaBloPoMo and NaNoWriMo At The Same Time (blogher.com)
- NaBloPoMo; I am doing this!? (bubblemomentpages.wordpress.com)
- Woah NaBloPoMo! – Challenge Accepted! (msperfectpatty.com)