There’s nothing like getting in the Christmas spirit. People say I start decorating for Christmas too soon. They say it’s ridiculous how stores start selling Christmas decor right after Halloween. They say 54 days is more than enough time to purchase everything you need for Christmas. They say Christmas is such a dominant holiday that people skip right over Thanksgiving decorations. The people who say these things are wrong. And for all those grinches out there, here are 25 reasons why Christmas is amazing.
1. It’s the happiest time of the year! It’s the time where family and friends visit and you get to spend quality time together!
2. Christmas songs are the best! The music is pure and sweet, and it puts you in a good mood. And, you gotta love those carolers that come to your door!
3. The cold weather gives an excuse for sitting by the fireplace, drinking a mug of hot chocolate, and reading a book. This simply does not work in hot weather.
4. Pretty lights.
5. The smell of pie baking in the oven is just delicious.
6. Giving gifts. The smile on your recipient’s face makes up for everything you may have wronged them by.
7. Receiving gifts. Who doesn’t like free stuff?
8. Christmas break. Two weeks off!
9. Doing arts and crafts.
10. Amazing food.
11. Giving to the needy. This should happen year-round, but Christmas is a great time to give back.
12. Celebrating religion.
13. Eggnog. I’m a fan.
14. Christmas movies! I personally recommend Charlie Brown.
15. The big man in the jolly red suit.
16. Mistletoe. *wink wink
17. Playing in the rain/snow. In my case, rain. I envy those who live in places it snows.
18. New years comes right after. Double the celebrations!
19. Peppermint sticks.
20. Burning Christmas scented candles. My personal favorite scent is Apple Cider.
21. Christmas shopping! Sales, sales, sales!
22. Christmas sweaters. Gotta love ’em.
23. Snuggling with your favorite litto animal.
24. Christmas attire. Red looks nice on just about everyone.
25. Christmas takes place every year, so you can annually enjoy its benefits!
I just love the idea of Christmas. I wish that the Christmas spirit could last all year round (for some people it does–they NEVER take off their lights). And yes, I have already fully decorated my room for Christmas. It’s not ridiculous at all having Christmas decor all throughout October, November, December, and January (okay, maybe it is–that’s 1/3 of the entire year). As you might be able to tell, I’m a bit fanatic about Christmas. I love everything about it. It’s the most wonderful time of the year~
Has the Christmas spirit captured you yet?
- Christmas Decor (threemrs.com)
- Why I decorate early for Christmas. (authorforkids.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Decorations On A Budget (simplysenia.com)
- Christmas Festivities (vatalaro5.wordpress.com)
- That time before Christmas! 😀 (vuleana.wordpress.com)
- Keep calm and wait for Christmas (vitasun.wordpress.com)
- Christmas Spirit (justblairslife.wordpress.com)
- Are you in the Christmas spirit? (fantagewoozland.wordpress.com)
- Getting Into The Christmas Spirit (benitacreffield.wordpress.com)